Saturday 24 November 2012

Week 2: Keeping a writer's notebook



Keeping a writer's notebook
 
This week is about keeping a writers notebook (In case you couldn’t tell), not so much the type that’s different for everyone. Me I use a cloth Paperchase notebook which I adore and I keep a shopping list pad with me when I am out and about so I can jot things down quickly.


The rest of this week’s activities are about gathering ideas/info/words for your notebook. From writing down quickly what you observe around you to keeping a diary. Creating contradictive characters to morning papers and writing down your reviews on books you have read. Lastly daily haiku are discussed as well as searching through newspapers and magazines for any ideas. 


The final activity is then about building on the work in your notebook. Having a play around with initial concepts or characters and taking them in different directions before committing to those ideas.


That’s it for week 2, my notebook it building up nicely this week and I have really enjoyed daily haiku and searching through newspapers so I am going to continue using both. Week 3 should be up on Monday.


Till then, happy writing!

No comments:

Post a Comment