Monday 24 June 2013

Getting back to it

Yes it has been a pitifully long time since I last posted on this blog, I know, but there is a genuine reason for once. You see at the end of last year, I was hit by a car coming home from work, the car went into my legs, my face then went into the car and then the road. Thankfully I am fine, though I lost my two front teeth, I have had fakes put in, which look real enough though I cannot actually eat on them. I got a large gash across my head from hitting the pavement and various cuts and bruises along my leg and arm. On the upside I got a ride in an ambulance, and a stay in hospital, with lots of short story ideas. On the whole though I would not advise this! It's extremely painful.
I had to postpone my two open university courses for next year, which was a bit of a pain, but I'm alive so I am not complaining to much. Now I am back on my feet it's time to get back on the horse so to speak and get down to some serious writing, I have lots of lost time to make up and I've had lots and lots of downtime to think up ideas for shorts stories, poems, articles and novels. I also have some ideas for this here blog of mine, I plan to post my writing goals in the next week for the end of 2013 and update on my progress at the start of each month. Hopefully this will make me feel accountable, and get my pen moving in the write direction. I have also had some ideas for writing articles series, which I will post more about at the start of next month, which I am hoping you will all enjoy, I plan for the first series to be called "Back to basics", so watch out for that.

Is everyone else still carrying on with their writing? I would love to hear how you are all getting on!

Take care, and look both ways when crossing the street.

Happy writing.

2 comments:

  1. Oh dear, Claire - what a terrible accident! Welcome back to the writing world and very best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the kind words Sally, thankfully now everything is back on track. I'm looking forward to getting back to it.

      Delete